Heid!


*sigh*

As ever, my head is foggy. I've been given rather a lot to think about recently (you know, emotional stuff: nothing practical or simple to fix of course) and, me being me, I've avoided thinking about things in close, specific detail for as long as humanly possible. Sometimes things just come to a natural resolution (or so I hope) sometimes they just fade away. Most times, however, they hang around and glower, then jump on me with steel-segged clogs and kick the shite out of me when I'm least prepared. I cry very easily - and trust me, the tears and snot I have had steaming from my face would put Juliet Stevenson truly, madly, deeply to shame...

It's a funny thing. No really... It's funny because some of the more profound and to-the-point conversations I've had recently have been while eating. I love eating. I hate anything to get between me and some good eating (mmmm-hmmmm *pats protruding tummy and drools lightly*) and so while I'm still digesting some of the great big chewy thoughts I've been given to mull over I am also lightly rueful that some seriously pleasant food has been sidelined in order to think about, well, "stuff". I wonder if perhaps my priorities are somehow out of whack? Or maybe my subconscious is telling me to be a cook?...

Anyhow, in other, less introspective mind-bleh news, I have been cosying and comfying my flat to a point whereby it is getting close to being like walking into a physical representation of a hug: I have (thanks to m'marvellous matey) a rug, and to accompany this I have acquired a fluffy cushion- which I have named Chewbacca due to its close resemblance to Wookie fur- a lava lamp, coasters, wax tarts for creating a positive pong, a vibrant throw for the less than vibrant sofa... I am becoming *gasp* houseproud. This is a bizarre concept for me. I have always thought of myself as something of a slattern, yet I'm becoming a regular cushion plumper and crumb sweeper. I'm not sure if this is part of the whole new me, or if I am perhaps possessed by the presence of a previous inhabitant of my flat...

Time - or maybe Derek Acorah - will tell...

3 comments:

Random Reflections said...

Calling a cushion Chewbacca - brilliant! Very amused.

Hope things pick up for you mate. Take care.

The Gripes of Wrath said...

I just wonder if real Wookies suffer from terrible static, too...

Random Reflections said...

I'll study Star Wars and see if I can spot Chewbacca with bits of fluff or metallic objects stuck to him.

I don't think I'd be brave enough to try and remove them though.