Because 30-Something asked so nicely: Gripes meme memento...

Seven Things I Plan To Do Before I Die:

  1. Er…
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. ...
  5. ...
  6. ...
  7. ...Learn to stop procrastinating.

Seven Things I Can Do:

  1. Lick my own nose
  2. Put up shelves (far harder than you might think)
  3. Recite most of A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Macbeth word for word
  4. Feign confidence
  5. Break bad news to someone gently
  6. Clear up other people’s vomit without being sick myself
  7. Love

Seven Things I Can Not Do:

  1. Lie convincingly
  2. Fit carpet or lino
  3. Hop on my left leg
  4. Tell jokes
  5. Shave my legs without missing a bit
  6. Fake a convincing Scots accent
  7. Understand why anyone reads Jeffrey Archer books

Seven Things That I Find Really Attractive About The Opposite Sex:

(I’ve never done the hettie thing, so this is a really tricky one. I suppose if “really attractive” can incorporate the qualities I admire in my male friends then I can give it a shot…)

  1. Single mindedness
  2. Confidence in their own geekdom
  3. Ability to tell jokes
  4. Indignance
  5. Unexpected sensitivity
  6. Open and unabashed appreciation of sex
  7. That I don’t have to have sex with them

Seven Things That I Find Really Attractive About The Same Sex:

  1. Soulfulness
  2. Emotional awareness and expressivity
  3. Strength and vulnerability
  4. Wit/humour (and women’s humour is not the same as men’s, that’s for sure)
  5. Curves – the more the better
  6. Soft skin…everywhere
  7. Taste *deep sigh*

Seven Things I Say The Most:

  1. Fuck it
  2. Bugger me blue!
  3. Er…./Mmmm/….Aaaaah (or indeed any other form of filled pause)
  4. OK? (rhetorical reinforcement, not an actual enquiry)
  5. Ultimately
  6. Shitfuckarsewank
  7. They were/it is/it could be “challenging”

Seven Books I Love:
(in no particular order and frequently subject to change...)

  1. Trumpet: Jackie Kay
  2. The House of Sleep: Jonathan Coe
  3. The World’s Wife: Carol Ann Duffy
  4. Tales of the City series: Armistead Maupin
  5. The Winter’s Tale: Shakespeare
  6. The Passion: Jeanette Winterson
  7. Nights at the Circus: Angela Carter

And should anyone care to compare and contrast, I am setting this meme free!
Go! Run with it…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a lot of convincing liars on this list, then? How disappointing.

C'lam said...

i may just take the meme - it'll get me into the swing of things again, i'm sure!